Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30th REALLY???

Well we are well underway for summer! What an awesome time of year. Although my Oklahoma friends have already been battling the Dog Days of Summer with the record heat in June. It has been pretty warm in North Carolina as well. I am not going to complain it's part of the beauty of SUMMER! I guess I have a lot of catching up to do....

April- I was blessed to spend Easter with some of my family in Scottsdale, AZ! Including my mom, aunt, sister Torry and her family. What fun to have a two year old to spend such a fun loving holiday! The Easter Bunny came to the hotel room and delivered her an Easter Basket. She was so sweet and hugged on the Bunny. I was afraid it was going to end up like my picture with Santa Claus one year in tears! I also got to see my friend Tracy Waller who I hadn't seen in 10 years! It was so fun catching up with her...and boy did I need the break from my family!

May-

Mother's Day Weekend: I got to go to Atlanta and stay with my niece and nephew. Leslie and John had a wedding to attend and they trusted me to take care of their children. All went well and I look forward to doing it again! I even got to go to Grant's school for the Mother's Day Event to fill in for Leslie! They made me a special placemat that said Aunt's Day. Leslie got one too! The best thing about it is Grant had to fill in the blanks and draw a picture of us. He said I was 20 and Leslie was 56 in age. I LOVED THAT! On Saturday I hotwired a hotel room in Atlanta with an indoor pool! We went swimming and made some great memories. They pretended to be Zack and Cody! They wanted to order room service...I got of it! I convinced them to go back to the house and let the dog out and then we would come back to the hotel for dinner. I packed Veggies, Fruits, Plates, Napkins Etc. and then went through the Chick-fil-A for dinner.
We went back to the room and had a picnic while we watched Zack and Cody. A prom was also going on so Lauren loved watching them arrive from our balcony in the room! It was a blast and I look forward to doing it again when I am in Atlanta! My Mom arrived on Sunday "Mother's Day to spend the week with the Stebbins" so me and the kids picked her up from the airport and then went home and hung out til Leslie and John arrive a couple of hours later. We had a wonderful Mother's Day Celebration! Monday Leslie, Mom and I got to go shopping before I had to leave. It was sad to leave...But I know I will see them soon!

Memorial Day Weekend: Brian and I went to Key West with some good friends. What a fun time! It reminded me alot of New Orleans but surrounded by water. We all stayed in different hotels so it was fun to pool hop and see all the different places to stay in Key West. I would definitely recommend one of the Bed and Breakfast types of places verses a chain hotel. The pool at the Crowne Plaza was a scene from MTV Spring Break. Boy I sound OLD!!! The best breakfast we had was at Blue Heaven. I would love to have had time to do dinner at Blue Heaven I hear it is really good. Tom and Pat Sherrill just happened to be in Key West at the same time so I got to see some familiar Oklahoma faces. We had fun with them watched the sunset in Mallory Square and then headed to the Schooner Wharf for live music! I look forward to going back!

June-
June was pretty wide open but somehow we found a way to fill it up! Brooke was supposed to come visit however her company meeting got pushed back...Since we had the whole weekend planned around Brooke we decided to pack up and head for the Hills! Not Beverly! Brian and I decided it would be fun to take Colby camping in the mountains. I then got an email from him with a pet-friendly Holiday Inn in Asheville, NC. I teased him saying that isn't really camping is it? So we ended up finding a tiny cabin on a Creek in Ashe County, NC. It was called Helton Creek


Chicken Coop! It was perfect! We even had a Hot Tub...something the Holiday Inn couldn't of offered! The Creek was so loud it was so peaceful and Colby loved her freedom off the leash!

We spent Father's Day weekend with Brian's Family! It was his Dad's Birthday as well. It was fun to hang out with them and relax.
Tomorrow we are off for a 14 day adventure with my Family. First on the list we have to do a little business. Brian and I will leave tomorrow for Columbia, SC for a Sales Meeting and then Thursday will pick up Mom and Barb in Charleston at the Airport. We will then spend the night in downtown Charleston! Then it will be off to the Beach House on Sullivan's Island! (Yes that is the island the Governor of South Carolina has now made famous!) I hear he has been spotted on the island this week! The Stebbins will arrive Friday evening and we will be ready to see them! It will be a great week....EXCEPT we will be missing the Turnbows! Torry is due anyday to give birth to my new niece or nephew! We are anxiously awaiting the phone call....hoping Mom could meet the baby before she came to the East Coast to Celebrate 4th of July with the rest of us! WE LOVE YOU TORRY! Next time you need to plan a little better! Just Kidding!
So Long for Now! Maybe I will get a Picture Post up of the past 3 months soon!

No comments:

Song List


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones