Friday, May 28, 2010

My last post was titled June 30th Really????? Funny that it is almost June 1st!

Greetings from North Carolina!  Let's face it I will never be a blogger nor will I try to claim to be one.  I will however try to blog more than once a year!  I just read my last journal entry and it brought back so many happy memories.  I need to remind myself this is why I need to blog.    So Where do I start.........

July 2009

We went to Charleston with my family for the beach minus the Turnbows.  We had a great week!  We talked to the Turnbows when we got to the  house someone even walked around with the computer to show the house and the water on skype.  It was like they were actually with us.  They might of even played a game of Farkle via Skype with us.   Tuesday Morning- Grant, Lauren, Aunt Barbara and I had plans to get up and go to The Seabiscuit for Breakfast.   I remember starting to wake up and it was early.  Then I realize my phone had buzzed just ignoring it I rolled over.  Next thing I knew Lauren had come into my room, I just figured she was ready for Breakfast it was before 7 a.m just a little early in my book!  She then told me Mugga wanted me.  I sat straight up...because everyone knows we must be quiet and Mugga doesn't get up until at least 8:30a.m.  It all came to me....Torry was in Labor!   We had just talked to her Monday night and no sign of the baby otherwise maybe my phone going off before 7a.m. would of alarmed me.   So of course the whole house was up so we loaded up the golf carts and headed to the Sea Biscuit all 8 of us. I guess before we left for Breakfast I knew it was a NIECE.  Torry and Jason don't give us a clue on what they are going to name the children so not only do we not know what if it is a Girl or Boy we have not idea of the name.  It makes it so much fun.  So we get the name which was a total surprise and a welcomed one at that.  I am still trying to figure out what Jason did to agree to it.   My Grandmother Torr's name is Romayne Margaret Black Torr.  Aunt Barabara is also Barbara Romayne!  Margaret has been used as Maggie already in our family.    With all my cousins  noone has ever used Romayne.  None of the Husband's/Wives would allow it is the more likely story. I always thought it was a beautiful name.    So it was annouced........Sloan Romayne Turnbow was born on July 7th....one week before My Grandmother's Birthday.  So I think Jason got Son-in-Law of the Decade award with that one....Sorry John!   Really so the story I got was Jason didn't want to use Romayne either just like the rest of them.  The had their hearts stuck on Sloan and couldn't really figure what went with it, until one day Jason said Sloan Romayne I think it works.  So it stuck..and now we have cute little SloRo in the Family!   She is adorable.  Cassidy is such a cute big sister.  She calls her Sloany Baloany (not sure how to spell it).    We hung It's a Girl Banners outside on the banister of the beach house for her.  I will try to dig up some pictures.
The Friday of our vacation I found out that my company had a huge layoff on Facebook.  I then found out my name was on the list.  What a way to find this out!   I put it aside and continued to on Vacation not mentioning it to my family as I didn't want to put a damper on the rest of our vacation.  So it was true I was being layed off.  It wasn't a shock as the company was facing major financial issues with the building industry not doing so hot.   I could go on and could probably make a movie out of the things that happened.   They filed Chapter 11 two weeks later. It was probably the best thing that could of happened to me.  I was bored and not challenged anymore.  I was to comfortable to find a new opportunity.  The only thing that kept me was my vacation and flex time.   So a new chapter in my life was beginning and I wasn't sure where I would end up..........I pretty much had the attitude of Welcome to Maternity Leave with SLEEP!   I got up each day like I was going to work and researched many things I wanted to do with my life.  Fridays I met a friend at the Pool to kick off the weekend.  I also picked up some day shifts at Williams Sonoma which was nice to get out of the house and have interaction with others.  I would go to Starbucks some days and take the computer.   I lunched with friends.  I could of gotten used to it.  However reality hit and I had to pay the bills sometime. 

August 2009
Looking for direction....I attended seminars and enjoyed my life.   I went to the beach for several days with Brian to a conference.  We took Colby with us.  We had a blast school was back in so it wasn't crowded at all.  We stayed at a true old beach motel....they were the only ones that would allow us to bring the Pooch.  They were so nice!

September 2009
I headed to Oklahoma for a week.  It was nice to get home and just visit my family and meet Sloan.  Torry's life was in a whirlwind.  She was preparing to move from Oklahoma City to Enid with an almost 2 month old.  I got to meet them in Enid one day during an inspection on the house they were buying.  That was a long drawn out process.   I did get to go to the Lake for one night which was such a needed break.  I hadn't been on Grand Lake in 8 years.  To think I was on that lake virtually every weekend growing up and any day I could manage to get there before I left.   I do miss the Lake. 


To be continued......I need to get back to work.   

No comments:

Song List


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones